Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sunday, May 10th - Day 8 and progress!

Wow - a week into it already! I have to say though - it's been on my mind a lot and things are already in progress. FUN FUN FUN!!!

So here goes...

#58 - Last Saturday we bought 2 rain barrels from the city - $45!!! Great price. I actually modified my list because that was too easy. I hope to now have proper barrels at all 5 downspouts.

#35 - I have tried some new foods. On Friday we went to an Israeli restaurant in Toronto - to meet up with everyone (well 29) that went on the trip in November. Great food and fellowship - and it was connected to a grocery store. My mom bought some turkish delight and I can recall not being overly fond of it but I thought hey - let's give it a try. Yeah - I STILL don't like it. Awful stuff! She gave me rose flavoured - and belive me it tastes like you think a rose would taste. And the powdery sugar??? What is with that? I thought it was going to be icing sugar. Nope. I won't be adding that to my candy selection.

#35 - Tonight I also tried a black olive. Still don't like them either but I did swallow it. Don't like the smell either - it can really kill a good greek salad. Such a shame.

I'm going to have to think of 10 good things to try though. I don't really want to try things that I won't continue to eat - like I don't like coffee but why should I try to? Same with iced tea. I think I might need to look into the exotic fruits and vegetables like kale and artichokes and stuff like that. Radishes. Some things from You Are What You Eat that just sound gross. But I digress...

#20 - Sleeping - the two times that I have had the opportunity to sleep in - and therefore get teh ful 7.5 hours of sleep I want to get, I woke up at 7am and couln't go back to sleep. I did lounge in bed so I think it counted but obvioulsy I think it means I will need to actually go to bed earlier. I did make good use of it on Saturday though and went for a run. Yey me!

#74 - As for 1:1 time - among other things, Marlee and I sat and watched Scooby Doo together on the tv (her choice) and Matt and I played baseball this week in the front yard.

So all in all I think I'm off to a good start. Back soon!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting a few things done! Good for you!!

    As for foods, may I suggest a few? :)

    Olives: I'd try Calamata olives before condemming them. Black and green olives arent that great, but calamata ones are fantastic! And I hated olives for the first 20 years of my life! ;)

    Turkish Delight: I'm also not a fan, however, a friend of mine got some hand made Turkish Delight brought in from, guess where!, Turkey!! And it was amazing!! Nothing like how it tastes everywhere else in the world.

    Have you tried oysters? I've recently found a love for them, BUT they have to be fresh fresh fresh and drizzled with lemon juice, a sprinkling of ground pepper, and a dash of tobasco sauce (and I even hate hot things) - YUM!

    Sushi? I absolutely ADORE sushi, but beware of Eel haha I tried that with some teriyaki sauce (I think) and it was slimy, tough, and gag-worthy! In fact, I did gag! It was horrible....BUT I tried it ;) Any other sushi I love love love!

    Roasted garlic: stick a few garlic cloves in the oven with your chicken or roast or whatever and let it cook. Dont peel it entirely free of its papery shell, and then to eat it, pinch the one side and suck on the other side - its so sweet and delicious. I tried this last night.

    I'm not sure what else you've eaten or not eaten, so its difficult to suggest things hehe. Things on my list to try (that I've previously not liked or havent tried) are sweet potatoes, snails, and various game meats (shark, boar/warthog, alligator, etc).

    Hope that helps :) Oh and feel free to add me to your "Other 101 sites" list :) I wont complain ;)

    ReplyDelete