Friday, January 22, 2010

Alison's Momentos

Today I got into my "Alison's Momentos" box. I actually mangaged to clear most of it out other then my School Days Treasury book. It's amazing what I was collecting though - and I'm not sure why I thought they were to be saved. Anyway, I am clearning away the following:
  • a few decorated boxes
  • 7 mini glass jars
  • a metal welcome sign
  • Beatrix Potter/ Peter Rabbit tin, cards, and book
  • my Europe country badges

I will be saving my

  • "Dreams" piggy bank - if one of the kids will use it.
  • My old green jewelery box - only if Marlee wants it (my old teeth were still in there!)
  • My china dolls- until Marlee can decide if she wants them
  • My girl guides badges and pins - I need to find a way to incorporate them into a scrpabook page somehow - they aren't very memorable in a plastic bag
  • a pottery momento box my mom made
  • my old music box with the girl on it - unfortunately it isn't working so I will have to look into it
  • my best girl award from elementary school - hoping to take of the award apart and give away the trophy - what do you do with those?
  • my patroller of the year award and safety belt - photograph and then discard
  • My Peter Rabbit baby cup and bowl - going to the china cupboard

I'm also getting rid of a box of baby items I know I won't use:

  • 2 hooded towels
  • a suction cup bowl
  • bottle warmer
  • old bottles and bags for them
  • baby bood containers

Little by little...

I managed to get through 2 boxes of Craft supplies for church yesterday too = sorted through the woodsies and all of the wooden sticks and other misc items. I love that kind of completion. It resulted in another box for Goddwill along with some other things I added (Scrapbook papers, kids discarded toys, blue tiered box that came with snacks). It feels good!

No comments:

Post a Comment