Saturday, January 2, 2010

The end of a decade, the beginning of change?

Yikes! Has it really been 4 months? Wow! Well I may not have posted nut there are a few things that I have actually been working on or should I say I have accomplished. Not nearly as much as I should have but seeing how it is a time for renewing of goals, making intentions, making resolutions. Now is as good a time as any to reflect and then go forward.



So, in reflection:

How did I do with my actual 2009 intentions? (blue was accomplished)



To Learn:
- Learn Photoshop elements 6 – I’m satisfied with my progress on this one.
- Set up blog - done
- To make de-cluttering a habit (minimum of 15 minutes a week – I’ve de-cluttered but certainly not 15 minutes each week
- How to do a digital scrapbooking page (minimum of 5 for the year) – I have done 8

To Do:
- Scan at least 100 of mom and dad's slides – I asked several times but have not yet received slides to scan
- Marlee Owwie album - oops!
- At least 52 scrapbook pages (one for each week) – yes, thanks to the LOAD challenges
- FACE finances and CUT DOWN!!! – my finances are still good, I have no debt but then I have also gained more work
-


To Read:
- Blogger book
- Photoshop elements book
- The Priest
- The Scribe
- Something Borrowed

To Eat:
- Tara (with Drew)
- The North
- Fishbowl
- Horseshoe restaurant near gas station

- Indian Restaurant on Dunlop

To Complete:
- Shimelle Christmas Journal – generally as much as I want to do
- 27 days album (I'm just about done)
- Pieces of our home album (Just about)
- Album about Paula's ornaments (jsut about)
- Cottage album



To live well:
- Pray, journal - prayer good, journaling not so good
- Initiate - okay
- Bed before 12? - ha - well more then I used to!
- Run 3x/week - I think I generally exercised at least 3x and I was happy with my running up until pregnancy. Unfortunately for me the 2 don't go together.



So all in all I'm quite satisfied with how I did. I don't think I need to be so specific about some things - I'd like to be open to trying new things but not limiting them to certain places for instance. I'd like to complete unfinished projects (which I did - just not those listed) but again, maybe not be so specific. So I have learned. And as I consider my intentions for the upcoming year, I am also striving to keep in mind the goal to SIMPLIFY! (See here for more details).

No comments:

Post a Comment